Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Global Payroll is a dynamic community of payroll professionals, strategist, and problem solvers, we each play a unique role together with our partners, to ensure accurate, timely and compliant pay at high standards, enabling Shell’s business objectives through flexibility, standardization, simplicity, and actionable insights.
Where You Fit In?
Payroll Specialist is an exciting opportunity for you to utilize your payroll administrative experience, stakeholder engagement and end to end process thinking capabilities, while developing a wider understanding of policy and process delivery, driven by legislative requirements impacting pay delivery and compliance.
- You will be Payroll Specialist reporting to the Payroll Operations Manager, part of Payroll Services with no direct reports.
- You will be closely collaborating with teams in HR Operations, HR Policy & Benefits Teams, Finance, Payroll Accounting, Pensions, Share Plans, Legal and Employment Tax.
What is the Role?
- Execution and delivery of payroll processes managed in line with local and global country payroll standards including KPl's working closely with Payroll Team (Performance Shares, Foreign Working Day Corrections, Shadow Payroll, Manual Payments, Tax Statements)
- Case management of simple and complex payroll queries applying "customer centricity" mindset when resolving employee queries in Salesforce and handling sensitive information
- Partnering with Payroll Functional Leads and Payroll Specialists to ensure continuous improvement initiatives as a result of payroll accuracy are addressed.
- Ensuring upskilling sessions to HR Country Operations as part of the Payroll Academy are delivered and all materials are kept evergreen.
- Active participating in Local and Global Projects (Policy changes, HR Transformation)
- Actively building and managing good partnership with stakeholders
- Perform effectively with customer focus in a culturally diverse environment
- Need to prioritize across varied and dynamic projects and workload with respect to several deadlines
What We Need from You?
- You bring a Learner Mindset, a curiosity to learn and grow, learn from mistakes, successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
- Robust knowledge of HR Systems: SAP, Workday, Assignment Pro, Salesforce, and MS Office package (Power Point, Excel).
- Strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated highest standards (accuracy, timeliness to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations).
- Data Mining and Analytics utilizing large data sets to drive control & compliance.
- E2E Process Thinking across the Payroll IT ecosystem.
- Ability to collaboratively work with Global and Local Teams to deliver clear results.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required including business writing skills in English while interacting with employees and business partners on simple and complex payroll related queries are essential.
- Demonstrated interest and ambition to grow in the payroll profession, extending existing knowledge.
- Flexibility to periodically work outside of normal office hour
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply!
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell