Financial Accounting & Controlling Analyst
Financial Accounting & Controlling Analyst
Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your understanding of Accounting Standards and their impact on Group & Statutory Financial Reporting and closing activities? If yes, then this Financial Accounting & Controlling Analyst role could be the one you were looking for. Become a part of Reporting & Analysis team and help us transform the way we manage the financials of Downstream business.
The Downstream & Trading Reporting & Analysis Organization is a team of >1,000 colleagues providing accurate, timely and insightful financial reporting & analysis.
Within this organization, Financial Accounting and Controlling is a cluster of teams responsible for end to end Group and Statutory financial reporting activities in Europe & South Africa region. This position will report to R&A Senior Manager. R&A FAC Analyst is accountable for assigned process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Fixed Assets, Statutory and others).
- Preparation of Group or/and Statutory Financial Statements (together with collection of LSR deliverables and Supplementary info for entities in scope)
- Preparation of supporting analysis, country packs, statistical reporting, review meetings
- Focal point for group projects and IFRS changes impacting entities in scope & lead for technical changes in system and interface to process experts
- Execution of controls within the area of responsibility.
- Analyze key Balance Sheet accounts
- Initiate and lead process improvements
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply!
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications coupled with working experience in accounting, reporting and financial controls.
- Good knowledge of financial accounting requirements (IFRS standards).
- Good analytical skills, systems and process, with the ability to recognize underlying issues and develop appropriate resolutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications especially Excel.
- Experience in handling end to end audit/local statutory reporting is an added advantage.
- Able to work independently & prioritize
- Able to identify improvement opportunities and manage change.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell