Finance Analyst (General Ledger)
Finance Analyst (General Ledger)
Shell in Krakow
Shell Business Operations in Kraków is created by an international team of over 5000 professionals representing 63 nationalities. Together with our associates from all over the world we create responsible for business operations’ realization in 11 departments: Finance Operations, HR Operations, Contracting & Procurement, External Relations, Internal Communications, Global Commercial, Trading & Supply, Technical Asset Operations, Legal, Common Infrastructure Management, Retail.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The Finance Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of its process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.
The role will have a mix of deliverables between transactional accounting and standard reporting. Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions.
- Perform standard accounting activities accurately and in line with timetable (General ledger accounting activity)
- Support the preparation and submission of standard internal/external reporting requirements in line with group timelines
- Collaboration with other R&A colleagues and other processes to ensure timely closure of ledger
- Performing an analysis role in balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all control requirements met on a timely basis
- Operating all SOX and internal controls in line with Work Instructions and the Group controls framework
- Support R&A special projects & timely and effective responses to special data/project requests
- Strong team-working across the process area is essential
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in the following areas: Finance/Accounting/Economics
- Min 3 years of experience in a relevant accounting environment
- General Ledger experience is a must
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- ACCA or CIMA certification would be a strong asset
The role is based in Poland. We do support immigration process (obtaining stay and work permit).
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply!
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell