Lead CyberSecurity Analyst
The CCI SOC Lead Analyst is responsible for leading a 24x7 team of security experts. The SOC Operations Lead will help deliver the Stryker vision of redefining traditional SOC operations using automation, orchestration, and analytics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the oversight of day-to-day operations of the L1 Security Operations Center, maturing processes and driving new innovations. The Lead will also be responsible for maintaining mature service delivery methodologies for their practice areas. The L1 SOC Lead for is a high visibility role and requires a strong technical leader with strong analytical skills, and strong communication skills.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Incumbent provides leadership, vision, and a strong understanding of Information Security domains and the common book of knowledge as well as an understanding of security governance process.
- Meets organizational goals and exceeds industry best practices and requirements to ensure the security of the Stryker assets.
- Leads and manage Level 1 Security Operations Center
- Primarily responsible for security event, monitoring, detection management and response.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring.
- Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives.
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs.
- Responsible for team & vendor management, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
- Management, administration & maintenance of security devices under the purview of ITRC which consists of state-of-the art technologies.
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Responsible for integration of standard and non-standard logs in SIEM.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to Sr. Mgmt.
- Co-ordination with stakeholders, build and maintain positive working relationships with them.
- Participates in the Cyber Incident Response Team
- Identify and highlight conflicts which may derail progress towards strategy and establish mechanisms to resolve these.
- Create and communicate metrics which describe progress.
- Align security solutions with business strategies, working primarily with line management and IS Business Partners.
- Ensure business security deliverables are aligned with Stryker’s global strategy and intervene when appropriate.
- Responsible for improving communications and relations, as well as ensuring the integration of security in technology programs and services across Stryker.
- Drives the adherence to security policies; security programs and plans; and integrates and coordinates execution of security policies.
Education & special trainings:
- BS in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- One or more security certifications such as CEH, CISSP, CISM or GIAC required.
Qualifications & experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT or similar field.
- Experience in information security and leading a SOC.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience establishing strategic plans and leading teams in the implementation of the strategy.
- Experience working with third-party providers.
- Knowledge to develop and interpret standards, policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of security solutions.
Physical & mental requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and identify Information Security solutions to challenging business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/organize.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication at all levels.