Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
If you’re a talented pricing specialist who is able to translate our commercial ambitions into a standardized, best-in-class pricing strategy in a collaborative and diverse environment, then we have a job for you! in doing so support our local teams in building competence and deliver fit-for-purpose, segmented prices across their client groups.
Our Global Commercial Lubricants intends to double the size of the business. The focus is on accelerating premium growth B2C, growth in resilient B2B sectors and develop new revenue streams through services and digital solutions. Pricing is a key enabler to meet and beat these targets. You’ll be in a global role, focusing on driving the pricing transformation across the Lubricants business.
We’re looking for a Senior Global Pricing Manager, a pricing specialist, who on a day-to-day basis will work with global marketing teams to develop value-driven pricing strategies, lead cross-functional teams to translate our commercial ambitions into local pricing strategies and support our local teams in building their competence in segmentation and tiering efforts. You’ll need to actively work with multi-functional stakeholders across Sales & Marketing, Finance and Lubricants Supply Chain.
On a wider level, you’ll be transforming our community in the Lubricants business from a community of localized, product-oriented marketeers with a pricing affinity, to a more standardized, best-in-class community of pricing professionals. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing global policies re pricing practices, use your external network to improve internal standards and build both a pricing support desk and competence program. In short, you will be our champion, transformational change agent and Subject Matter Expert in relation to best-in-class pricing.
• Work with global marketing teams to develop value-driving pricing strategies aligned with marketing ambitions and track value delivery
• Lead cross-functional teams to translate commercial ambitions into local pricing strategies across sectors, brands, and channels, which will drive profitability and help us win new and with our existing customers
• Set and continuously develop the standard on brand, sector and channel pricing strategies and work with local teams to build competence through training and coaching
• Engage local and global, senior stakeholders to generate buy-in and sponsorship to the deliver significant change across sales & marketing aligned with the pricing transformation vision
• Support local teams in segmentation and tiering efforts to deliver market volatility driven price increases. Ensure balance of short-term profitability objectives and longer-term growth ambition
• Support identification of key data and analytics requirements to enable insights-driven pricing decision making and work with internal and external analytics specialists (product owners, data scientists, data engineers) to develop and deploy future analytics capabilities.
• Identify value opportunities based on internal and external data insights and define actions with relevant stakeholders to capture opportunities
• Work with the Chennai based Pricing Analysis Center (PAC) to develop a central pricing support desk, which adds value to local teams through deep analytical insights and identification of value opportunities.
• Develop and implement global policies to minimize channel conflicts and standardize transactional pricing processes e.g. rebate incentives, list price setting, discount policies, etc
• Actively engage with external networks to understand best in class pricing practices to continuously improve internal standards
• Background in Marketing with min. 8-10 years experience in B2B (preferred) and/or pricing functions
• Strong understanding of pricing execution using indirect route to market models through distributors and resellers
• Strong Change Management competencies and experience of delivering transformational change
• Critical thinker with strong analytical skills, highly collaborative
• Excellent communication, engagement and relationship skills with the ability to influence font line leaders up to VP level across culturally diverse geographies
• Proven track record in commercial roles ideally across country / regional / global teams
• Mining & acting on customer & consumer insights and advanced data analytics
• Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in a challenging business environment whilst thriving on change and delivery of organizational effectiveness
• Strong commercial acumen, external mindset and demonstration of speed in development and implementation of initiatives
• Strong customer and stakeholder focus
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects