Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
The Wells Function is an exciting, complex and capital-intensive part of RDS and therefore requires finance and cost management support. The Wells Cot Controller is providing this support at the sharp end of our business and is integral part of the rig teams.
The role of the Wells Cost Controller is to:
- Drive cost transparency, awareness and cost management (e.g. via weekly/monthly cost review meetings),
- Provide top quartile accounting advice and support (cost allocation),
- Support efficient Finance processes such as Business Plan, Latest Estimate and month-end closure,
- Take initiative in timely and accurate reconciliation of the well costs,
- Effectively communicate and liaise with colleagues in Well Engineering, Finance, C&P, Project Services.
Main accountabilities consist of:
Performance Management, Cost Transparency and Appraisal:
Prepare and support cost meetings to ensure cost awareness and provide cost transparency with rig teams
Challenge and support business teams to enable cost conscious decision-making
Accountable for facilitation of Performance management and Appraisal processes of business teams and ensure ongoing focus on value delivery and KPIs
Accounting, Finance, Governance & Reporting processes:
Assure compliance to organizational, governance and partner procedures and agreements
Supporting business planning, target setting, and budgeting processes for Wells costs
Responsible that project (financial) results are correctly recorded & reported in the ERP
Accountable for finance support and all internal and external Wells reporting including initiation of timely setup of Project Account codes per agreed activity planning
Responsible for Rig related balance sheet accounts and cost allocation to wells
Assure process for and compliance with budget controls (budget vs actual spend)
Accountable for end-of-well accounting activities, including well reconciliations and tracking actual costs versus approved estimate in economics
Provide input and respond to Wells-related audit queries and accounting policy questions.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Economics; Academic degree preferred.
Proven experience in Finance: Reporting & Analysis, Cost Control, Management Information, Project Accounting, Business Partnering.
Experience in Upstream Business would be a plus.
Excellent Excel skills, VBA or power BI would be a plus.
Strong interpersonal skills capable of working closely with and influencing other staff at all levels within Finance and the Business. Able to work across organizational boundaries.
Enthusiastic high energy individual that is keen to work in an area that operates at the very heart of the Upstream business.
Able to work independently, taking initiative for own work and that of other staff where appropriate. Strong self-starting capabilities.
Willingness for hands-on involvement in solving day-to-day and significant unusual problems.
Team player with strong analytical skills.
Experience in working with Finance Operations or virtual teams.
Excellent communication skills in English.
Advanced experience in SAP.
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects