The Tax Analyst 2 is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- Responsible for the overall management of the tax liabilities, of Citi, both directly and in connection with transactions with clients, including the related compliance, financial reporting, planning and controversy processes.
- Contributes to the planning, accounting, filing and the reporting of tax liability of the company.
- Assists in determining and compiling information required to satisfy income tax filing and related requirements at all levels of jurisdiction.
- May participate in managing payments to tax authorities in compliance with specific tax regulations.
- Advises on procedures and concepts in technical/subject area and integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub function/ job family.
- Improves process efficiencies in harmony of unit goals.
- Uses conceptual/ practical grounding in applying policies to the business
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Bachelors degree
- Providing tax accounting support to Citigroup companies located in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) countries
- Monthly current and deferred tax liability calculation, basing on data provided by Finance and its verification, journal posting.
- Management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger & effective tax rate analysis
- Tax reporting for internal purposes
- Liaising with the EMEA Financial Control teams & New York tax department as required
- Design and implementation of solutions aimed at optimizing the projects / processes
- Becoming an expert in accounting and taxes, in particular getting familiar with Corporate Income Tax issues across EMEA countries
- Development of analytical skills
- Work with professionals in a multicultural environment
- Possibility of professional growth thanks to internal trainings programme and cooperation with Corporate Tax Department (London)
- Graduate in Economics/Finance or related field
- Previous tax experience would be an advantage
- Daily work in international environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of other software (e.g. PowerPoint, SharePoint) would be an adavantage
- Knowledge of financial sector accounting and systems would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate experience of suggesting pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate.
- Demonstrate experience of working to multiple deadlines.
- Be able to work unsupervised on day to day responsibilities.
- Demonstrate experience of working as part of a team to achieve team goals
- Demonstrate ability to manage a number of different issues and be able to manage own time appropriately.
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly understand new technical issues.
- Experience in implementation of IT solution / financial systems would be an advantage.
- Fluent English; other European language would be an advantage
- Analytical skills
- MS Office literacy, especially MS Excel
- Working on big databases
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Knowledge of financial systems would be an advantage.
- Graduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field.
- Previous Tax experience would be an advantage.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Fluent English.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize own workload to accomplish variety of tasks within defined timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Motivated self-starter