Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Purchase Requisition (PR) Management
- Actively cooperate with Wells engineers, CP team and Cost Controllers to ensure PR process effectiveness.
- Create Purchase Requisition for services or chemicals for ongoing or future Wells operations.
- Amend PR in terms of price, header text, delivery date or other required changes.
- Create or amend network structure for particular project.
- Close networks/work orders if required.
- Oversight of effectiveness of RTP process, advise on potential improvements and challenge missing process elements required for effective and efficient contract costs management (e.g. service entries, materials receipts, etc.).
- Support Cost Controllers and Finance Analyst in any queries related to Purchase Requisition management.
- Understand Shell Contracting and Procurement process related to Wells.
- Project cost management
- Understand the company’s and project specific control framework and cost controlling procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Contribute to design of standard Wells UK ERP project structure allowing effective and efficient project cost monitoring.
- Support Wells reconciliation process by ensuring timely closure of networks/work orders
- Work with Finance Colleagues and Cost Controllers to align on total Wells picture at Country level.
- CI Focus
- Oversight of effectiveness of Purchase Requisition process, advise on potential improvements and challenge missing process elements required for effective and efficient PR management.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of controlling, finance or accounting.
- Proven experience in the Upstream business, Cost Control, Project Accounting and Business Partnering are advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of working closely with and influencing other staff at all levels within Finance and the Business.
- Enthusiastic high energy individual that is keen to work in an area that operates at the very heart of the Operated Upstream business.
- Able to work independently, taking initiative for own work and that of other staff where appropriate. Strong self-starting capabilities.
- Willingness for hands-on involvement in solving day-to-day and significant unusual problems.
- Solid Microsoft Office Skills and experience in SAP.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects