Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
This role is responsible for managing Credit Activities for Shell Operating Units under FO scope, with primary accountabilities such as:
-The management of customer assessment, establishment of appropriate risk ratings and credit limits through financial and supply chain analysis, along with a recommendation of credit terms,
-Execution of the appropriate risk mitigating actions identified, such as the negotiation and management of security necessary to support higher risk exposures, and recommendations on accounts receivable bad debt provisions,
-The analysis of the overall credit exposure and re-assessment of credit worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers and timelines,
-Ensuring business continuity by proactively and reactively managing review and action of blocked orders, and consequently dealing with risk implications associated with exposures beyond current approved credit limits.
-Ensuring that cash application and allocation is completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with DCM and the SLA is met.
-Efficient and effective management of the accounts receivable by managing collection activities, -Minimizing overdue debts and negotiate and approve refinancing of Overdue Debts.
Degree/qualifications in Accounting/Business preferred; a professional degree required
5 + years work experience in various financial/accounting positions
2+ years of managerial experience
Sound understanding of Credit Management process
Must have experience in a multi-national company – preferably in Shared Services environment
Exhibits excellent English communications skills (written and oral)
Language Proficiency Level: C1 (specify language requirement by country)
Good knowledge of controls framework
Ability to work under high pressure an in a rapidly changing environment.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects