Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
The Upstream Revenue Accounting & Control Specialist will be a part of an impactful “connected” team, working with the various internal Shell teams and externally with Shell counterparties eg. Business Finance Advisors, Finance Controllers, Finance in the Business, Production Services, Commercial Department, Reporting & Analysis; Cash Allocation team and IT support and senior business contacts to address scenarios and specific business challenges, also externally with various 3rd party Upstream Companies.
The role will have a mix of deliverables between transactional accounting and standard reporting.
It comprises accounting, controlling and reporting for Upstream Revenue actives including valuation and stock accounting/over/underlifts, hydrocarbons purchases and sales, service income and expenditure, corresponding SOX controls as well as managing and executing commercial agreements.
Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports.
- Perform standard accounting activities accurately in line with IFRS and group policies
- Prepare calculation, check and approve sales, purchase and service income/ expenditure invoices for various groups of products for intragroup and third party customers in line with commercial agreements
- Prepare accurate and timely information for group accounting, reporting and management information
- Reporting sales results for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining product stock accounting and valuation process
- Managing and executing commercial agreements - implementing new/changed agreements in to financial systems
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations (Status of Accounts Reporting)
- Intragroup reconciliation
- Providing data for external auditors/ taking part in JV audits
- Assisting with setting up new sales contracts
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
- Participate in upcoming systems implementation and CI projects
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners
- Prepare revenue analysis for different stakeholders
Strong analytical skills specifically around data mining and interpretation
Previous experience with SAP would be an advantage
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects