Who we are:
Citi Solutions Center is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer.
The successful Candidate will serve as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Assurance team, responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defense. The position also entails performing risk assessments of Citi's compliance risks; performing independent assurance activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy, and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
- Developing, implementing, and executing compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs within an assigned region in accordance with the Compliance Assurance (CA) Plan.
- Participating in the planning, executing, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity within an assigned region in accordance with CA Plan.
- Executing compliance controls testing, transactional testing, or compliance controls monitoring activities based on the pre-defined testing plan.
- Documenting findings and report to the Compliance Assurance management team.
- Assisting with development of Compliance Assurance Risk Assessments, Monitoring Monthly, and Quarterly Summaries and development and enhancement of the Compliance Assurance and Internal Audit Methodologies and Standards for auditing, testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Utilizing innovative compliance testing solutions including Data Analytics to increase value and reduce costs of compliance-related activities.
- Developing effective relationships within CA function and with other stakeholders including business and technology process owners, and Internal Audit function.
- Promoting knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across ICRM and the business.
- Monitoring the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Informing CA management of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Product knowledge and experience in a control-related function highly desired
- Solid experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional testing, and reporting activities.
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities
- Extensive global compliance and audit related experience, and strong knowledge of business processes.
- Exhibit project management, interpersonal, sound decision making, and intuitive thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong relationships with stakeholders and engaging teams.
- Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in interacting with non-executives and executive management and across a number of business lines
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units;
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree a plus
What will you get in return:
- Opportunity to work in an international, independent role with regional exposure;
- An enjoyable and challenging learning path, which leads to a deep understanding of Citi’s products and services as well as development of your personal skills.
- A chance to set up the required processes with new functions with consideration for existing requirements, processes and structures;
- Opportunity to drive significant change within the organization;
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, multisport, life insurance, pension plan, holiday allowance, home office and other).
- At Citi Solutions Center we cooperate with other Citi entities from all over the world. Working in our organization involves working on international projects, in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment as well as learning top quality organizational culture.