The Customer Account Specialist (CAS) main responsibility is to manage/lead/develop the ongoing relationship with Commercial Card Clients (Multinational corporate segment 4 clients with a Small to medium size cards programme managed via distribution list address) following implementation.
This includes driving client satisfaction, programme optimisation/growth/development and acting as a point of escalation for Customer Services.
The needs and dynamics of each client programme and relationship with Citi varies based on the size, complexity and product mix of the clients Commercial Cards programme.
CAS and clients are matched taking these factors and any language needs/product specialism into account.
CAS provides a single Citi window for the client through regular calls and periodical meetings with senior Client representatives/decision makers who are responsible for leading Card Programmes within our clients.
The Regional Commercial Cards business is approx. 15 years old, has experienced substantial growth over that time period, and now caters for more than 400 corporate clients. The regional EMEA business covers over 35 markets, with significant further expansion underway in 2020.
Wholesale Card Operations is closely aligned to Product, Business Development, Account Management, Implementations, Capabilities, and Technologies. There are many interactions between these groups.
The CAS role is a key part of the Customer service function.
This role will be hired for a fixed term to cover long term absence of current staff.
The Customer Account Specialist serves as the Clients’ primary contact. They provide operational account management at a corporate client level.
The main responsibility is to maintain, strengthen and grow the ongoing relationship with Commercial Card Clients following set up by the implementation team and provide a single access window for client queries and concerns.
The Customer Account Specialist must be able to successfully do the following:
- Ensure a Seamless Transition from Implementation into Business As Usual for new programmes and influence the optimal running of the programme from launch (e.g. low declined transaction rates, appropriate cardholder and group credit limits, Direct Debit set up maximized/late payments managed rigorously)
- Ensure that Front and Back Office are aware of the new client launch and any process exceptions/programme specifics
- Be a single point of contact, Post Implementation for Clients and their Program Administrators (PA) and client decision makers
- Drive consistently high levels of client satisfaction
- Continually increase their own knowledge and understanding of the clients’ card program
- Leverage existing relationships to drive expansion of issuance and spend among current programs (new countries, new entities)
- Create opportunities for proactive program improvement in concert with Commercial Cards Account Management/ Citi wide Relationship Management and other functional areas
- Frequent proactive client communication. Lead regular conference calls and resulting action plans. Schedule, organise and lead regular client service reviews in collaboration with Commercial Cards Account Management/ Citi wide Relationship Management and other functional areas where relevant
- Influence the client to ensure that their programme operates optimally for both them and Citi
- Day-to-day issue resolution with key contacts at the client’s organisation with an emphasis on resolving the root causes of any issues
- Issue Escalation - Taking ownership of issues and coordinating fast resolution
- Addressing the root causes of any recurring issues with Citi and Client functions
- Assist the Call Centre and Back Office functions with day-to-day cardholder problem resolution — very little direct contact with cardholders
- Reconciliation of client financials relating to inbound payment files for onward crediting to individual cardholders
- Managing clients stock of plastic cards (if client specific) and associated collaterals related to card issuance by proactively tracking actual usage against client projections
- Identify trends and carry out margin analysis to ensure smooth operation of the program
- Create Opportunities for Proactive Programme Improvement. Practice effective continuous process improvement within Operations and with our clients to reduce errors, bottlenecks and ultimately, costs
- Identify areas to cross sell cards products / solutions to existing clients and work with the Citi teams to develop these leads.
- Grow programmes through new countries, changes to scope, additional spend types
- Programme Maintenance
- Ongoing Programme Analysis (Declined transactions, timeliness of payments, Reasons for cardholder contact)
- Engage and coordinate relevant Citi resources as needed to support the Client e.g. Operations, Product, implementations.
- Excellent Business to Business Customer Service skills
- Experience of Managing and developing client relationships
- Track record of driving incremental sales in existing relationships
- Knowledge of credit and debit card markets, products and processes
- Operations/Customer Service experience
- Excellent Presentation & Communication Skills
- Highly fluent in English and one other European language (Core client languages are French, German, Swedish, Italian, Spanish)
- Highly articulate, with influential verbal skills and precise written skills
- Strong people skills
- Strong MS Office and system skills
- Analytical & methodical approach
- Highly numerate
- Effectively prioritise time & work to tight deadlines, strong multi-tasking abilities
- Competitive salary; annual salary review; annual performance bonus
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas