The Sec & Derivatives Mgr is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to process orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of securities and derivatives transactions.
- Execute securities transaction processing related to Securities Clearance Settlement and Derivative Operations
- Formulate procedures, techniques and contribute to the development of new techniques that increase team productivity, ensuring entire team meets or exceeds performance goals
- Serve as an analytical and procedural expert, and as first point of escalation for staff members, management and internal/external clients
- Escalate control gaps and issues to senior management as needed
- Identify control gaps during settlement cycle and implements appropriate solutions to mitigate any risk or control losses
- Analyze data to identify control deficiencies and resolve discovered issues through implementing appropriate procedures
- Act as an advisor to new/junior staff
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Required licensing/registration: Series 7, Series 9, Series 10, Series 63
- Experience in a securities transactions processing role
- In-depth knowledge of settlement cycle concepts and procedures to resolve settlement issues
- Previous people management experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary; annual salary review; annual performance bonus
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.