Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
In HR Country Operations, we empower performance by creating exceptional HR experiences. As our organisation matures, we are currently looking for passionate senior HR professionals to join our HR Advice team dedicated for managers in various countries across Europe and Africa region. The main purpose of the role is to partner with line managers on a broad range of HR matters and provide seamless end-to-end resolution of their HR queries. Queries may include, but not limited to: Performance Management, Development, Policy Guidance,Exit/ Redundancy management; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice and specific site/location practices. The HR Advisors are also to provide coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping them to deal with HR related matters related to their teams.
- Responsible for delivering HR advice to line managers and supporting employees with more complex HR-related cases.
- Provides seamless end-to-end resolution of HR queries to line managers and employees. Queries may include, but not limited to: Exit/ Redundancy management; Policy guidance; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice
- Coordinates with Global and/or Local HR Consultants in case of (large scale) change initiatives, to ensure proper HR Advice support is provided to these initiatives (e.g. large reorgs, office moves).
- Partners with line managers on most complex HR matters, provide operational as well as tactical HR support. For example, support line managers with performance management to heighten productivity; coach and support managers on team effectiveness strategies/resources.
- Provides guidance and practical expertise to Line Managers on policy related issues to ensure the best performance of his/her team and the individuals within it.
- Recognizes salutations in the business, through line manager request/interaction and case handling that call for intervention. Partner effectively with HR colleagues to analyse and intervene if needed.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line manager needs.
- Provides coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping the line managers to deal with HR related matters confidently, correctly and timely.
- Establishes strong working relationship with colleagues in country and the Center of Excellence to ensure the team can effectively partner when the situation requires.
- Highlights and escalates issues with strategic, legal, employee relations or reputational risk to appropriate parties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track of experience in effective partnering with a range of stakeholders/business partners;
- Solid understanding of how HR adds value to the business;
- Previous experience in Business facing roles in international environment;
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to coach and offer advice, including ability to diagnose business needs and offer possible alternative solution
- Ability to proactively support change with stakeholders and colleagues
- Skills in having effective contracting conversations, with the ability to manage expectations and bring a constructive challenge
- Partnering skills and understanding how HR can contribute to the business
- HR Information & Analysis skills
- People-centric mindset
- Understanding of policy intent with knowledge of when exceptions should be applicable
- Ownership; end to end accountability for resolution
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects