Amway is a large multinational family-owned consumer goods company and the leading direct selling company worldwide. Amway offers more than 450 high-quality products and innovative solutions in the categories of nutrition, beauty, and home care exclusively through independent distributors and the own webshop. The company was founded in 1959 in Ada, United States, and operates in more than 100 countries generating revenue of 8.1 billion USD in 2020. Amway’s top-selling brands are Nutrilite™ vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY™ skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring™ water treatment systems.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this position is to ensure the GBS model is meeting the expectations of the market.This position will act as a liaison between the market and the Tax COEs located in the GBS. This position is established in order to ensure the GBS model is meeting the expectations of the market. This position will be conversant in direct, indirect and general tax as well as transfer pricing and tax accounting and will work closely with the Tax COEs in those areas. It will also partner closely with outside advisors and the business to discover ways to maintain, monitor and proactively reduce, where possible, all relevant direct and indirect income taxes throughout the globe. As this position reports to the Manager – Tax Controller, it will work closely with the direct tax COEs and outside providers to ensure an accurate US GAAP and STAT tax provision. It will do all this by establishing standardized processes to achieve “Best in Class” results.
What you’ll do:
- The primary contact of the market leads in the Europe and Americas region (excluding the US) for tax-related questions. This role will act as a conduit to take those questions and seek answers from the Tax COEs.
- Meet with the market leads on a periodic basis and communicate status from discussions with Tax COEs.
- During the transition to the GBS model, lead sessions to transfer knowledge to our GBS center and outside provider.
- Play a major role in year-end US GAAP Provision by ensuring outside provider is meeting deadlines and assisting tax COEs in addressing questions.
- Assist with implementing planning ideas.
- Assist with global audit, where needed.
- Build strong relationships with the tax COEs and other functional and competency leads in GBS – Leverage relationships to evaluate and make recommendations on process design to integrate tax reporting with other financial functions
- Leverage advice from the corporate technology team to improve efficiency; help implement and test those improvements.
- Seek advice from the local tax team on a project basis
- Support the scoping, design, testing, implementation, ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the process, procedures and technology solutions that are implemented supporting this role and its activities.
What you’ll need:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in accountancy/finance
- Fluent English and Spanish language skills required
- University degree required in Business, Finance or similar
- US GAAP tax accounting knowledge
- Tax Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge & experience with tax analysis for country/region of responsibility
- Research & Analysis - Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions from tax-related laws, regulations, and court cases.
- Analyze Data - Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Communicate Financial Information - Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences, helps others understand financial data and translate it into actionable business insights.
- Strategic Thinking - Ability to think strategically and understand the broader view. Demonstrates an understanding of the long-term, "big picture" view of needs and opportunities.
- Project Manager - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, financial and business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgment.
- Consulting - Ability to effectively provide technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; knowledge of applicable tools and techniques to maximize consulting effectiveness.
- Relationship Management - Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships, including ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts effectively and constructively with clients, vendors, and peers.
- Knowledge of the Business - Knowledge of the business and the key internal and external drivers that affect the business, including financial, political and industry trends.
What can you expect from us?
- Online recruitment process
- Home Office & Flexible Working Hours
- Private medical care in LuxMed Group
- MyBenefit Cafeteria Platform (with Multisport card available)
- Group Life Insurance after probation period
- Employee discount for high-quality Amway products
- Annual Bonus depending on the yearly company and individual performance
- Various portfolio of internal&external training: professional certifications, access to the e-learning platform.
- Language courses co-financed by us
- Possibility of growth inside of the organization
- International team environment
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
- Numerous company events and office initiatives
- Family atmosphere with no formal dress-code
- Attractive office location in the heart of Krakow (High 5ive, Pawia street)
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.