Aon Sp. z o.o.
With over 300 employees, the EMEA Finance Centre in Krakow provides financial services for Aon entities in multiple countries. In this role of Account Manager you will be responsible for a number of Reinsurance Captive Clients. It is the duty of the Account Manager to independently provide these clients with the services agreed through the service agreement between the clients and Aon Insurance Managers. An Account Manager is responsible to the Manager, Captive Administration The work can be divided into four main areas: Insurance / Reinsurance, Accounting / Finance, Risk Control, Legal / Taxation / Compliance.
- Control and administrate the total (re)insurance portfolio of the captives
- Control and register all reinsurance agreements, both for incoming and outgoing business.
- Accept or refuse policies according to the agreements, as well as register these policies in the computer system on a detailed level.
- Control that the right premium is paid to the captive within the agreed time.
- Check that losses claimed by insurance companies are in accordance with agreements and policies and arrange for the payment of these claims as well as the system registration of them.
- Calculate retrocession premiums, produce retrocession statements and pay retrocession premiums, all in accordance with the retrocession agreements of the clients.
- Arrange for advices to retrocessionaires and cash-calls for claims exceeding the retained limits of the clients, in accordance with the retrocession agreements.
- Produce statistical reports on the insurance business in accordance with the AIM standard and on special request from the clients.
- Produce underwriting material and other material for analyses as requested by the clients.
- The daily bookkeeping, update and control of the bank accounts of the clients.
- Control of cash flow and arrangement for necessary investments in accordance with the agreements with the clients.
- Accounting of changes in value of investments as well as forex adjustments on banks and investments.
- Calculation of technical reserves for both incoming and outgoing business in connection with book-closings. This includes the control of the IBNR reserve calculation in accordance with the policy used by each client.
- Production of financial reports for the clients within the deadlines given by each client.
- Producing budgets, forecasts and liquidity reports according to the agreement with each client.
- Preparing the general ledger and the management trial balances with specifications in order to ensure a smooth running of the annual audit of each client.
- Preparation of reporting and coordination of the reporting process to the Commissariat aux Assurances and any other reports required by the local authorities as follows:
- Preparation of documents for board meetings and annual general meetings of the clients.
- On the request of the clients, attendance at and acting as secretary of these meetings.
- Document performed controls in an auditable manner and perform control self-assessments
- Monitor control exposures on a regular basis in accordance with the board approved risk appetite framework and risk management policies
- Minimum 5 years of complex accounting experience
- Knowledge of financial technical accounting
- Fluency in English and French or German
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools Word (good) and Excel (very good) in addition to exposure to at least one accounting software package
- Knowledge of Globe – Captive Management System is a plus
- ACCA/ACA or equivalent accountancy qualification will be a plus
- Experience in the Re-Insurance industry is a plus
- IFRS knowledge is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to continually seek to improve
- A natural thirst for development of yourself and your team members
- Strong ethos and spotless record
- Diverse and inclusive workplace - we value openness and authenticity and believe in the power of feedback
- Flexible remote work environment
- Employee-appreciation culture (multiple recognition programs)
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Wellbeing awareness (access to free mental health helpline, Stay-Well Day off, lectures, sports and more)
- Generous benefits package (personal accident insurance, benefit platform for vouchers and more)
- Internal career opportunities, individual development plan, professional development training and resources
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues