Principal Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have proven track record of building highly performing and highly available applications? Do you want to design and build best-in-class, enterprise scale applications using latest technologies?
We’re looking for a passionate Software Developer to work with us to build new capabilities by:
• take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
• cooperate with different stakeholders in introduction and facilitation of new automated processes and practices
• develop new functionality as well as automated test scripts
• be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team delivering in 2-weekly cycles
• deliver innovative solutions in Investment Bank
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• strong, commercial experience as Java Developer, focusing on highly performing systems, finance sector background would be a plus
• Linux/Bash knowledge
• SQL and python will be a plus
• knowledge about event streaming and messaging systems would be a plus
• knowlesge about issues related to containerization (e.g. Docker) and platforms for infrastructure scaling, related to containers (Kubernates/OpenShift) would be a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.