Who we are looking for
Global Billing Operations as a part of State Street's Finance Division is responsible for end to end client invoicing for fund service provided by State Street. Position requires Accounting knowledge and financial instruments in depth expertise. Employee within GBO organization is required to cooperate with both internal and external stakeholders and clients with special attention to risk excellence and full accountability for assigned tasks.
Senior Billing Accountant will perform tasks assigned by direct Billing Team Manager or other member of Billing management team. He/She is responsible for process support by substantive knowledge on billing processes. Duties will also include Billing Team Leader and/or Billing Team Manager support in non people management related activities.
All specific duties are delivered by direct supervisor and are supported by appropriate job aids and procedures.
Select if HYBRID: This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Billing Accountant you will
- Provide extensive expertise in billing area
- Cooperate and support Team Leader/Team Manager in supervision over daily process completeness
- Present highest level of risk excellence and be an example of ethical behavior for the team
Support the internal and external billing of services to the business
- Own process and look for process improvements
- Review of calculated invoices against contracts agreed with clients
- Ensure billing related internal controls are followed
- Act individually as SME within Billing area
- Review job aids and procedures update
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes
- Fluent English both in speaking and writing
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent time management
- Attention to details and problem solving approach
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to find solutions and solve issues within area of billing
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with business and systems personnel
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor degree
- Finance or Accounting area certificate or degree
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.