Who are we looking for?
As a Middle Office Team Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of a team that performs the middle office function to the clients. This involves the trade capture of the client’s trades, confirmation, settlement monitoring, query resolution and pricing. Products may include Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX and Swaps (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc).
Why is this role is important to us?
The team you will be joining is within the Poland Middle Office Tower in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street Global Delivery, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
Your new role
As a Middle Office Team Manager, Officer you will
- Coordinate the day to day tasks and ensure the daily is completed and accurate.
- Liaise with client re ad hoc issues, establish and maintain relationships with client and other external parties: Counterparties, Prime Brokers, etc.
- Co-ordinate system enhancements or new requirements on behalf of the team.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination of system testing and sign off
- Support the Operations Director in their role. Ensure their Director is kept up to date with relevant issues, escalating problems to the manager as they arise.
- Be ·Involved in new client take-ons, initialization of funds, new team building, etc.
- Manage staff: perform staff appraisals; address any staff performance issues, set goals, interview and hire staff
- Manage training needs of your team, ensure training gaps are identified and addressed.
- Work with Directors on capacity issues.
- Highlight, escalate and report all issues to the client representative in Ireland pertaining to client service.
What we value
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting or business related area
- 4-6 years of work experience in Middle Office, Asset Management Services, Finance or Accounting areas
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the Fund Administration industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management /Fund Administration disciplines, including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments
- In depth knowledge of some/all of the following products: o Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
- Broad understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations
- Team leadership, supervisory, workload management or coaching experience
Desired skills and competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent command of English language
- PC literate – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills necessary.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work under time pressure/deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances while under pressure
- Attention to detail while retaining efficiency and effectiveness
- Client-centric mindset
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Offs
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway