Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who would be processing and analyzing tax calculations for clients on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and/or ad hoc basis. The Tax Specialist ensures figures are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion. The Tax Specialist is the central point of contact for all tax supporting functions and analyzes the information received. The Tax Specialist makes sure any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally on a timely manner.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate. SSGS’ tools help our clients to make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us in making your mark in the financial services industry from day one.
What you will be responsible for:
CALCULATION AND PROCESSING TAX AND OTHER TAX COMPONENTS
- Processing tax components and completes relevant checklists.
- Performing tax calculations (with the tax accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Liaising with supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Checking for reason-ability of the tax tolerance breaches.
- Escalating all issues immediately to Senior Tax Specialist.
- Calculating tax provisions.
RECONCILIATION – ACCOUNTING RELATED
- Processing tax components activity per daily, weekly, monthly and yearly tax computations to support tax in pricing and / or tax reporting.
- Checking and justifying the daily tax movements
- Following and completing relevant checklists in accordance with the procedures.
- Preparing periodic and ad hoc tax reports.
- Preparing tax packs to support periodic reporting and calculation of provisions.
- Classifying assets and offshore investments for tax purposes.
- Processing tax payments according to the instructions.
- Liaising with the tax teams in other locations, fund groups and other units.
- Implementing best practices for tax activities. Makes recommendations for changes to processes and procedures.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Other duties requested by team manager.
- Escalates any issues to Senior Tax Specialists and ensures proper channels of communication with Tax Team Supervisor and oversight.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Undertakes appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Works with Tax Team Supervisor (Senior Associate) to identify objectives at the start of each year and keeps them up to date.
- Actively participates in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and training.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Word processing
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential
- Excellent English communication
Critical Behaviors for Success at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Accountancy or Tax related degree (preferred)
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Hybrid working model (involves few days WFH and few days’ work from Office, in a week)
- Gold medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops