Who we are looking for
SSGA’s Global Funds Management (“GFM”) team drives sound fund oversight programs across SSGA’s funds and services. GFM’s Fund Expense Oversight Centre of Excellence is looking for Fund Expense Oversight Senior Specialist who will act as a Subject Matter Experts (“SMEs”) and take ownership of a variety of fund expense activities. The team that you will be joining oversees funds registered in multiple EMEA and North America countries with diverse fund and umbrella structures. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Expense Oversight Senior Specialist you will
- Review fund expenses and approve invoice payments based on Fee Schedules and other agreements with the vendors.
- Liaise with vendors, regulators and other parties to ensure expenses charged to the funds are correct.
- Ensure accruals and payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner by corporate teams and service providers.
- Ensure SSGA fund expense records are accurate and up to date.
- Review and approve funds TERs and other expense reports delivered by service providers.
- Help establish standardized and effective governance structure over fund expenses
- Support process automation.
- Act as an Expense Expert for queries received from SSGA departments and clients.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent attention to details.
- Focus on continuous process improvement, procedure writing, and risk mitigation.
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate opinions clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services.
- Mutual Fund, Cash Fund, ETF, UCITS, SICAV experience a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Proficient in English language.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Gol medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.