Who we are looking for
The Derivative Team Coordinator supports Team Manager in daily duties and enables sustainable environment in terms of people and workload. Employee is a central point of contact for other processing & pricing teams, client service and brokers. Supporting financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you be responsible for
- Project management and execution of transition activity
- Focuses on work organization, execution and admin
- Supports A1&A2s in on boarding and ongoing development
- Acts as a Coach & Mentor for A1s and A2s
- Is a key feedback provider in performance management of A1s, A2s
- Demonstrates solution oriented attitude
- Is responsible for effective escalation (risk identification and actions)
- Owns remediation actions at team level
- KPI oversight and SLA execution.
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are meet.
- Identifies and takes action to correct procedural weaknesses.
- Communicate progress on pending projects.
- Act as first point of contact for general queries and escalations.
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work (e.g. ensure any aged/material items are resolved in a timely fashion as per corporate standards).
- Monitor document process flows and procedures.
- Management of internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment.
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing/Derivatives Pricing.
- Preparing reporting for other units and senior management.
- Ensuring communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective whilst maintaining client relationships.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modeling for new fund structures where appropriate, including requirement to actively participate in client meetings.
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process.
- Problem Solving Attitude and Timely Escalation
- be responsible for identifying potential risk or problem situations, conducting impact analysis and resolving issues
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Leadership skills
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal abilities.
- Owner’s mindset and being example to follow.
- Presenting positive attitude in the workplace.
- Demonstrating core State Street values.
- Actively participating in department projects.
- Being proactive about own development.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written.
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Enthusiastic and engaged.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in the finance related field will be an asset.
- Previous experience with Derivatives or other finance related fields will be an asset.
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway