Your new role
Reporting to a Senior Tax Manager, the Tax Manager will be responsible for a team in a busy and challenging environment. The Tax Manager will gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Develops and builds up a strong relationship with the client areas in Europe.
- Assumes responsibility for all tax operational tasks.
- Maintains managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Tax Team in Poland.
- Ensures sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver high quality service.
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation of client specific tax projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensures Senior Tax Manager & business partners are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of his/her client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Initial point of contact for Tax Team Supervisors (Senior Associates) in his/her charge.
- Conducts performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provides weekly reporting on issues and status to management team.
Leadership and Management
- Leads and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Sets and maintains standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinates and implements training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) within his/her charge.
- Provides coaching, guidance and support to Senior Associate(s) on technical, professional and client issues.
- Agrees goals for Senior Associate(s) & team annually and keeps up to date on the performance planning and review system during the year.
- Monitors and appraises the performance of Senior Associate(s) - providing regular formal and informal feedback.
- Manages resources & takes responsibility for the recruitment of new Tax Team staff.
Management of Client Delivery
Attends service calls as required and plans accordingly for confirmed projects. Acts as primary liaison for Tax Team’s activities.
Continually reviews the operating environment & implements improvements where necessary - to that end, to be knowledgeable of :
both standard & client operating procedures;
daily processes & controls associated with such;
ensures accuracy of procedures and adherence of same within the tax group;
evaluates the continuing effectiveness of core and related systems, initiates remedial action as necessary. Ensures documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
Monitors team expertise on all aspects of client operations through the use of a team knowledge matrix.
Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaises with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
Identifies issues and problems with client delivery and carries out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Tax Manager and Donor Site informed of issue. Records issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan).
- Maintains close contact with the team of Tax Team Supervisors, Senior Tax Managers and Business Partners, briefing on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Liaises with counterparts in Europe to implement best practice approach and to ensure that service objectives are met.
- Runs monthly meeting with team (regular weekly meetings to be conducted by Senior Associate) which specifically focuses on client initiatives, team training etc ensuring any action points are followed up.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with client third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting (Management Information System, Service Review Packs) and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensures effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaises with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
What we value
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Confident in dealing with all situations;
- Excellent Communication and organisational skills
- Report Writing skills;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel;
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
Level Of Education:
Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting/Tax qualification or equivalent.
Previous Level Of Experience:
4+ years working in the provision of fund administration, tax services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
Critical Behaviors for Success at Core level
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Develop talent