Who we are looking for
Head of Compliance of Poland Branch will report to Head of Compliance State Street Bank International GmbH (SSBI) and be part of SSBI Compliance Leadership Team. This position is perfect for an individual who has expertise in management, compliance, business control or audit functions within the Financial Services sector, who possesses strong attention to detail and coordination capabilities, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. It is a role from which a successful candidate may develop a career further in Compliance or in other risk and control areas.
Why this role is important to us
State Street Bank International GmbH is a regulated entity by European Central Bank. Compliance is an independent function within SSBI, reporting to the Executive Management Board of the bank. The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Compliance Poland Branch, Vice President you will:
- Manage the Compliance team, leading and setting goals in order to achieve compliance objectives as well as overseeing the executions of a variety of Compliance process delivered in the Global level
- Support and manage compliance team by ensuring staff professional development, training, coaching and setting clear expectations and performance based reviews
- As requested, review work of others for technical accuracy and provide input with the goal of enhancing the teams efforts to mitigate regulatory risk
- Advice, challenge and support senior management in order to comply with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Support communication to inform business units of regulatory developments and policy changes
- Act as primary contact/coordinator for regulatory exams and investigations
- Drive open and collaborative communications ensuring regulatory information is shared in a timely manner with key functions
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other Compliance staff members globally
- Cultivate effective relationships with internal business partners to successfully achieve organizational goals
- Share in the establishment/implementation of compliance training and education programs to keep business personnel apprised of compliance policies and regulatory obligations (inclusive of new employee induction training)
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core regulatory requirements, products of business units, applicable financial markets, industry trends and key technology in use by the business units
- Understanding of various risk assessment frameworks and formulating recommendations for compliance strategies based on accurate identification of potential business risks, reputational risks, and emerging risks
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance, such as supporting production of management reporting, including but not limited to data collection, qualitative and / or quantitative analysis, formatting and quality assurance.
- Work independently on specific assignments and consult with senior stakeholders where clarification or exception to policy may be required
- Under limited supervision, act as coordinator for resolution of compliance issues
- Application of knowledge of regulatory environment to the benefit of the firm (building awareness, highlighting potential issues)
- Application of internal controls knowledge to assess the control effectiveness and make recommendations for process improvement
- Understanding and application of appropriate methodologies used to test and validate business controls; interpretation of information to create appropriate reports and other metrics to assess the effectiveness of controls
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Complete assigned periodic training as required by corporate methodology (annually, quarterly, etc.)
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of senior management, client management, legal counsel, auditors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, multi-tasking and time management
- Ability to collaborate, influence, challenge and build consensus with individuals across the various businesses
- Willingness to participate in global and regional projects
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MA/ MSc/ BA/ BS (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience with compliance , risk or audit functions within the financial services sector preferred.
- Proficiency in English is a mandatory. Knowledge of additional European language will be considered an asset.
- Good understanding of regulatory changes, with a practical approach towards working with the business unit to assist with enhancing the regulatory framework and control environment
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- Gold medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.