About This Role
You will build and support the US Data Visualization & Reporting capability as part of the US Data Strategy for the US Commercial Organization at Biogen. As part of the US Data team, you will enable the US Commercial digital and analytics strategies by developing data solutions that maximize the use of our data assets. As a partner to US Data Team, you will execute and streamline monthly reporting, lead ad hoc analytics use cases, and communicate with all TA’s to build end-to-end data management in close collaboration with stakeholders in CE&O, Finance and IT management.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop and publish new dashboards and work on enhancements
- Translate complex data sets into actionable reporting frameworks and models to enable key performance indicator (KPI) visualization that supports high performance for end users
- Use industry standard business intelligence (BI) tools (including Business Objects, QlikView, QlikSense) to formulate metrics and to create data quality management assessments and tools to perform ad hoc data inquiries
- Perform training to other PowerBI users, as needed
- Responsible for design and updating methodology and project documentation
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand business needs, and work to gain in-depth understanding of company processes and procedures
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Follows quality assurance and control processes, and performs routine data management tasks, such as data validation and correction, queries and editing to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and completeness
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are
You are an experienced with Pharmaceutical data assets & vendors professional, with great practical knowledge of BI tools and ability to integrate reporting components from multiple data sources. You know how to optimize dashboards with focus on usability, performance, flexibility and standardization. You have effective analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills and you are passionate about data visualization.
- Min Bachelor’s degree in business or science related (Business mgmt., Finance, Data science, Engineering, Business Excellence or other relevant)
- Proficient in English; additional languages are an advantage
- Technical capabilities with MS Office, in particular PowerPoint and Excel (including Pivot Tables, Charts, and vLookup).
- Experience with Pharmaceutical data assets & vendors; knowledge of commercial analytics (Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets) in small specialty markets is a plus
- Pharmaceutical commercial data expertise (IQVIA NPA/APLD/Xponent/DDD/LAAD/Payer/HCOS, Specialty Pharmacy, Symphony, HMS, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working directly with Power BI; experience in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements
- 3+ years’ experience with writing and debugging SQL queries
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ability to integrate reporting components from multiple data sources
- Effective analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in optimizing dashboards with focus on usability, performance, flexibility and standardization
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of BI projects for developing a portfolio of scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards
- Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visuals
- Passionate about data visualization
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive. More details: https://www.biogen.com/en_us/careers.html
Join our Global Business Services Center in Poland!
The vision of GBS at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for excellence in its people, business solutions, execution and partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Role in a dynamic and one of the oldest biotechnology company in the world
- Company mission you can be really proud of
- Work with diverse and knowledgeable multinational teams
- Opportunities to learn and grow with GBS site in Poland
- Structured onboarding program
- Customized benefit package, e.g. MyBenefits cafeteria, annual bonus eligibility, medical care, hybrid work