The Payroll Analyst II is responsible for running and approving payroll. Processes all inputs and ensures all controls are met. Ensures quality services are provided by external parties. Co-operates with Legal Counsels to make sure all Payrolls are legally compliant. Responds to payroll related inquiries from employees and third party agencies as needed. Identifies process improvement opportunities and assists with implementation. Implements global projects if related to payroll.
- Process payroll each pay period in a timely manner by following a standard procedures and checklist.
- Audits data inputs for accuracy and makes any necessary corrections.
- Reviews reports for accuracy and submits for sign off.
- Maintains daily relationships with the external payroll provider.
- Proactively challenges the Payroll provider if the local legislation is not adhered to or if the quality of services is insufficient.
- Works closely with the chosen legal advisory company in order to receive the relevant advice.
- Works with the Payroll provider to identify continuous improvement opportunities and to rectify any Payroll related issues.
- Answers complex employee and manager queries as well as regulatory agencies’ queries.
- Updates and creates all procedures and checklists for the country.
- Works with Accounting and Treasury for the Payroll posting and Payroll payments.
- Responsible for Time Administration and Time Administration system for the assigned country.
- Provides proactive advisory to the business related to payroll costs, personal income tax and social security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years Payroll experience.
- Experience in managing third party vendors.
- Customer service experience desirable (also internal customers).
- Change management experience desirable.
- Kronos knowledge nice to have.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of English and one of the following languages: Polish, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of payroll processes/systems.
- Thorough knowledge of Payroll related legislation (tax, social security, labour law) in one or more countries.
- Ability to work with a collaborative work style and effectively handle employee inquires.
- Ability to implement new regulations and/or applications quickly and effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information.