Buyer, Direct Trauma and Extremities, Global Procurement Center
Why Join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing activities for assigned portfolio to ensure a high level of customer service. The role will interface daily with suppliers in ensuring that we have procured the right amount of finished goods or materials from the supplier and will mitigate and adjust requirements based on weekly planning reviews from supply planning. The role will work alongside supply planners, production scheduling and sourcing managers in the organization.The role has no direct people responsibility.
- Maintain master data set up in the transactional systems, including supplier lead time, supplier details, product details and replenishment methodology (MOQS)
- Communicate forecast requirements to the supply base for finished goods and/or for components and materials.
- Ensuring all POs are placed accordingly to the rules as agreed with the Account Lead
- Responsible for the execution and communication of safety stock levels required for raw materials/finished goods to the supply base.
- Review data from the supplier in terms of accuracy and ensure the information is aligned with the supplier agreement and complies with the Stryker system of record.
- Act as the first line of contact with suppliers and provide information on adjustments to daily or weekly requirements based on the latest supply net requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to support Stryker initiatives and support activities to improve business processes
- Report supplier performance based on standard metrics, prepare and monitor supplier scorecards
- Communicate phase in/out of new finished goods or raw materials into the organization and ensure timing has been agreed and change is being executed to the agreement
- Prepare weekly status reports for the demand and supply execution process and represent purchasing function at key meetings.
- Track and manage KPIs including on time and in full delivery (OTIF), material lead time compliance, PO compression days, PPV, past due invoices and PO’s
- Identify gaps in existing business processes and drive improvement activities to close them
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality and regulatory requirements
- Degree level inBusiness/Engineering/SupplyChainmanagement
- Proficient in written and spoken English. German language may be required, depending on supplier base
- Good knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Teams
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders, and top management
- Ability to build relationships across multiple functions and levels both internally and externally
- Team worker
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Purchasing, Procurement, or Manufacturing.
- Experience with ERP systems ie SAP, Oracle, JDE
- Previous experience in supplier relationship management
What we offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the worlds leading tech companies who are continuously awarded one of the worlds best places to work. Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes:
Bonuses, commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com