Who we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates who can work for at least 20 hours per week (the more the better!) and are interested to stay for permanent roles with us in the future. Candidates who are available for full-time (40 hours/week) will be preferred.
Duration: 5 months
"We have our new group of interns starting every month. You will be aligned with the closest start date that suits your availability"
Purpose of Role:
Whilst reporting to the HR & Payroll Operations Manager this role within GHR Shared Services is required to provide a hands on focus primarily responsible for the HR & Payroll Operations team including accountability of all associated compliance, statutory reporting and administration supportive activities.
This role has a high level of focus on HR Administration in a complex operating model and compensation structure.
Overview of State street internship
State Street’s Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity to work and learn about our organization, our culture and how we do business on a day-to-day basis. Apart from on-the-job training, you will join other interns in a coordinated learning program that comprises of an induction program and series of “lunch and learn” sessions, to provide you with an overview of our organization and our products. You will be paired up with a ‘buddy’, who can offer you their experience, knowledge, and guidance throughout the internship. Very often, interns who perform and exceed expectations will be considered for hiring on the full-time regular positions after or even during the program.
What we value:
You are a well-rounded student with a combination of academic aptitude, analytical capabilities, and excellent communication skills
Majoring in Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred. Any other major is also valid.
Desire to develop your career in finance industry
Involvement with student organizations would be an added advantage
Good written and spoken English
Basic experience with MS Office
This position is open as entry level opportunity to join HR Operations for those who are willing to work with professionals, learn and develop in HR:
- Continually execute the GHR Shared Services strategy to ensure alignment to corporate and GHR goals
- Provide support to HR administration and Tier 3 customer support for such HR services;
- Responsibility for administration of personnel files and employee database (ensure documentation related to employment, work documentation and payroll is processed correctly and in a timely manner as required by Polish Labor Law and internal procedures);
- Ensure confidentiality while handing HR matters. Effectively manage confidential and sensitive information that pertains to employee personal sensitive data;
- Comply on maintaining data privacy in line with global and local requirements across GHR Shared Services;
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behavior;
- Responsible for timely ordering and dispatch of office supplies;
- Assist with general office duties including photocopying, packing, data entry, and mailing documents
- Execute related HR administration activity to support other CoE’s whilst maintaining strong working relationships
- Perform tasks which contribute to HR projects as assigned by your manager within the reporting lines,
- Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications: students of HR/finance/accounting preferred
- Fluency in written and oral in Polish (C2) and very good level of English (B2)
- Good Excel skills as advantage (practical usage of various functions i.e. pivot tables v-look up others)
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to deliver high quality work and to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Flexible “can do” attitude
- Team player with a strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a dynamic business environment
What’s In It For You?
Kick-start of Your career in finance
International and dynamic work environment
Lots and lots of training's